Monday, June 18, 2012

Having an attitude of gratitude




This past weekend I went to visit a friend that has been dealing with a very serious illness, spoke to another dear friend and cousin dealing with cancer.  When I spoke with my cousin her response was, "I know this is scary stuff, but I am filled with such gratitude.  There are so many people praying for me it is overwhelming." Then my other friend said nearly the same thing.  They are all so aware that all that is important at this point of their lives is family and friends.  


Nothing else matters they said.  To be at the edge of life, knowing that their own lives can go either way they, feel only gratitude.  What a beautiful lesson for us all to learn.  How often do we experience gratitude in our every day lives?  When things we are facing are not life or death, do we see God's grace?


Today I challenge us all to be witnesses of Christ's abundance.  Look for the  gratitude that exists in our own lives.  Hug your spouse and children, tell someone you love them, take some time to jot down all that you are truly grateful for.   


We never know when life's circumstances may change and we might be the ones facing such trials.  Let us all be aware of carrying an "attitude of gratitude" with us wherever we go.


May God bless you always and may we always be aware of the abundance that exists in our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment