Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Labyrinth


Mary Queen of Heaven in Elmhurst has the "Pathway of Peace" Labyrinth behind the church. This project was built with volunteers from Boy Scout Troop 403, Parishioners from Mary Queen of Heaven, Helpers from the Teen Renew group, and others. Work was being coordinated by Neal Styka. Articles on the work have appeared in the Catholic Explorer and Addison and Elmhurst Press.


This past weekend I had the privilege of sharing time with parishioners talking about the labyrinth.  It was a beautiful morning and our pastor spoke about praying with our senses.  Truly seeing God in everything. We all had the opportunity to walk our church's labyrinth.  For any of you that have not had the chance to walk a labyrinth I strongly encourage you to give it a try.   The beauty of the labyrinth is there is no right or wrong way of walking it.  We can walk, slow or fast, enjoy the beauty of the outdoors, or carry someone or something with us on our journey.  


For me walking the labyrinth is a sacred experience.  It is a time for God and me to connect, a time for me to tell Him whatever is on my mind.  Walking can be like a mini pilgrimage.  We walk the path winding and praying or just listening to God's call in our lives.   I understand the labyrinth may not be for everyone and you may find it is not your way of connecting with God.  You will never know until you try.  


For those of you in the area I will be doing a candle lit walk this summer.  All are welcome.


Blessings to everyone on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment